Dhampus Sarangkot Trek
Dhampus Sarangkot Trek is a short , easy and classic trekking trail in Nepal. Located on the lower part of the Annapurna region, the trail traverses through the beautiful countryside inhabited by a wide diversity of people. The mesmerizing trek route in the lower skirts of Annapurna offers spectacular mountain scenery, mesmerizing sunrise and sunset view along with Pokhara valley and Phewa Lake. Revolving around the settlements of diverse ethnic communities, this trek awes with the display of the natural wonders in Nepal.
This 8-day long Dhampus Sarangkot Trek assures exciting trekking experience to the trekkers. The journey begins with your arrival in Kathmandu followed by a day drive to the tourist city of Pokhara. Dhampus Sarangkot Trek traverses through Dhampus, Naudanda, and Sarangkot, which are the three most popular viewpoints in Pokhara. Afterward, you head to Phedi on a short ride and begin the trek to Dhampus. The trail to Dhampus immediately offers you the genuine taste of treks in Nepal. The Gurung village is also a viewpoint to observe the peaks in the Annapurna massif. The trek then heads to Naudanda, the second vantage point.
From Naudanda, the trekkers can relish the mesmerizing close-up view of Machhapuchhre (6997m) and Pokhara valley including the Phewa Lake. Further on, Sarangkot awaits with the mesmerizing views of Annapurna range. Sarangkot is also famed for hosting paragliding from the hilltop. Dhampus Sarangkot Trek is an amazing opportunity to enjoy the peace and beauty of Nepalese countryside, explore many ethnic groups such as Brahmin, Gurung, and Magar communities. This Trek ensures to provide you with all the adventures you have been seeking and memories for a lifetime.
Danphe Adventure Treks is a trip organizer in Nepal with a team of highly experienced and competent individuals. We bid on fulfilling every need of our clients. We offer the best transportation facilities, communication facilities, and numbers of tour packages to our clients to make their stay in Nepal pleasant. Come and join us in the Dhampus Sarangkot Trek.
- Enjoy the Gurung culture and lifestyle along the trek.
- Relish the views of the Annapurna Himalayas from the vantage points at Dhampus, Naudanda, and Sarangkot.
- Explore the culturally enriched UNESCO world heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Observe a wide range of flora and fauna on the trekking trail.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Welcome fellow trekkers! A company representative will receive you upon reaching Tribhuvan International airport. Thereafter, a short drive will take you the hotel. After checking in and getting refreshed, our guide will brief you about the overall trip and coordinate any last minute arrangements. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Today we indulge in sightseeing around the world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley, which includes Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath temple, and the Pashupatinath temple. We get to see the art, culture, and history that ornament the Kathmandu Valley. After we return from sightseeing, you can make necessary preparations for the trek and be all ready for the adventure to come. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara
We take an early morning drive towards Pokhara. This refreshing drive traverses with the scenic views of Trishuli and Marsayangdi rivers, country sites and the gorgeous mountains in Ganesh Himal, Langtang and the Annapurna ranges. It will be like a teaser for the entire trek. After a long drive, you can rest or explore the beautiful city. Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara.
Day 04: Drive to Phedi and Trek to Dhampus (1650m) 30 minutes
Day 05: Trek to Sarangkot (1592m)
After having breakfast, we leave Dhampus for Sarangkot via Naudanda. Naudanda summit offers a great view of Pokhara valley and Phewa Lake. After then, further trekking takes us to the highest and most famous viewpoint near Pokhara, Sarangkot. Sarangkot viewpoint offers panoramic views of Annapurna Mountain range, Pokhara Valley, and Phewa Lake. Overnight stay at Sarangkot.
Day 06: Trek down to Pokhara from Sarangkot
Today, we wake up early in the morning to relish the breath-taking sunrise view over the Annapurna massif from the Sarangkot viewpoint. These moments will compel you to awe in nature’s glory and creation. Then, we follow a descending trail to reach Pokhara.Extravagant landscapes will be our companion for the day. Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara.
Day 07: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu and farewell dinner
We take an early morning drive towards Kathmandu. Following the Prithvi Highway, the drive offers beautiful views of the hilly landscapes and gushing rivers along the way. To celebrate the successful completion of our journey, we will have a farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 08: Departure
Today, being the last day in Nepal, we will transfer you to the Tribhuvan International Airport for your final flight back. We hope that your time in Nepal was memorable and expect you to choose in your future ventures.
- Airport Pickups and drops in a private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and with breakfast as per the Itinerary.
- Cultural tour at Kathmandu with Guide in private vehicle.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All Ground and Air Transportation during the Trek.
- An experienced, English speaking, and friendly guide and Porter (1 Porter 2 trekkers).
- Salary for the staff including their food, drinks, accommodation, and transportation.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits, and TIMS card.
- An arrangement for emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance.
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking map, if necessary,( to be returned after the trek)
- All government taxes, vat, and local taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos & 25 USD.
- International airfare.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Entry fees for cultural tours.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks bar bills, battery charge, extra porter, boiled water shower, etc.).
- Tips for guide, porter and driver
List of Equipments required for Dhampus Sarangkot Trek:
- One Warm winter hat/beanie
- One Sun hat
- 1 Headband/buff
- 1 Sunglasses with UV protection
- One Headlamp/ Torch with extra batteries
- Two pairs of Fleece sweaters- one light and one heavier
- Two pairs of quick-drying long-sleeved base layer shirts
- Three pairs of Short sleeve trekking shirts
- One pair of Wind/rainproof Jacket v 1 Down Jacket
- One pair of trekking shorts
- A pair of trekking trousers
- One pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- Two pairs of trekking pants with Ziff off bottoms
- One pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- One pair of waterproof pants, breathable fabric
- One pair of lightweight warm gloves
- A pair of poly-liner glove
- One pair of trekking boots
- A pair of sandals/ trainers (for wearing around the lodges)
- One pair of down booties (great for keeping feet warm)
- Two pair of thin lightweight inner socks
- Two pair of warm woolen or poly socks
- Gaiters (only in winter)
- One Sleeping Bag
- 12 1 Sleeping bag liner (optional)
- 1 pair of trekking poles
- Water purification tablets/Steripen/Drops
- 1 quick drying towel
What are the visa requirements?
Currently, all the foreign nationalities (except Indians) require a visa to enter Nepal. Visas are obtainable from embassies abroad or on arrival at Kathmandu’s Airport. If getting the visa at the airport be prepared for long queues. You will also need to provide one passport photo and the $50 USD fee for 30 days.
What are the physical requirements for Dhampus Sarangkot Trek?
Dhampus Sarangkot Trek requires you to trek at an altitude of maximum 1650m and up to 5-6 hours per day, with a small 5-7kg bag. We recommended you to train with long hikes and/or a sport of your choice (e.g. jogging).
Do I need insurance before the Dhampus Sarangkot Trek?
Yes, you need to be insured before the adventure trekking in Nepal from your home country. However we will be always with you taking care of throughout the whole Dhampus Sarangkot trek.
How old do I need to be?
There is no age restriction for doing this trip, but if you are under 16 it will better to trek with your parents. You must be health-conscious during the trek.
Is there any Bank or ATM facility during Dhampus Sarangkot Trek?
Yes, there is good facility of bank and ATM at Pokhara.
What currency should I take?
The currency used in Nepal is Nepalese Rupees (NPR). You are unable to get NPR outside of Nepal and therefore you will need to exchange money in Kathmandu. The easiest currency to exchange is USD and Euro. You can also withdraw NPR from the ATM but check with your bank about the relevant charges to do this.
Which meals are included?
Meals will be served as per the menu of the teahouse/lodges. Where you can find a variety of dishes like Indian, Nepalese, Tibetan, Continental, etc, to choose. Tea, coffee, bakery items, snacks, bars eggs, etc can also be found easily.
What should I pack?
- Travel insurance details
- 2 passport photos
- Cash USD
- Credit/Debit Card
One Warm winter hat/beanie.
One Sun hat
1 Sunglasses with UV protection.
One Headlamp/ Torch with extra batteries.
2 pairs of Fleece sweaters- one light and one heavier
2 pairs of quick-drying long-sleeved base layer shirts
3 pairs of Short sleeve trekking shirts
1 pair of Wind/rainproof Jacket v 1 Down Jacket
One pair of trekking shorts
A pair of trekking trousers
One pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
Two pairs of trekking pants with Ziff off bottoms
One pair of fleece or woolen trousers
Two pair of waterproof pants, breathable fabric
A pair of lightweight warm gloves
A pair of poly-liner glove
One pair of trekking boots
A pair of sandals/ trainers (for wearing around the lodges)
One pair of down booties (great for keeping feet warm)
Two pair of thin lightweight inner socks
Two pair of warm woolen or poly socks
Gaiters (only in winter)
One Sleeping Bag
One Sleeping bag liner (optional)
A pair of trekking poles
Water purification tablets/Steripen/Drops
One quick-drying towel
What kind of problems can arise at a higher altitude during Dhampus Sarangkot Trek?
There is huge change of AMS problem i.e. Acute Mountain Sickness problem. It may cause some problem as you trek higher above 3500 meter altitude (11,482 ft.). But don’t worry about that. We have carefully designed our Dhampus Sarangkot trek itinerary with sufficient time for acclimatization and less walking time each day. And our experienced trek guide will be helping you with it.
What is the best time of year for Dhampus Sarangkot Trek?
Dhampus Sarangkot Trek is possible for whole year, but the best time to doing this trek is spring season (March to June) and autumn Season (September to November).
However trekking in winter season to chance to see snowfall with magnificent views of mountain, and in monsoon time you will see waterfalls.
*All Inclusive Price*
- Prompt Online Booking
- Well Arranged Itenary
- Group Discount Available
- Privacy Protected
Any Question? Feel free to call our travel experts.